Thursday, January 30, 2014

Burrito Casserole/Sopapilla Cake



It's Thursday!  You will have to forgive me for saying that there would be a guest writer today.  There was some miscommunication, but that is quite okay.  For Today, you are stuck with me again!

I said we had needed a creative name for Thursday Recipe day, and I received quite a few ideas.  Will you help my out by voting for your favorite below? Please and Thank you!  Let's hope it works.  You know how good I am with technology! ☺

Click here to take survey

My week has been a little bit of a whirlwind, so I ran out of time to prepare for today.  Normally, I cook on Wednesday evenings so my post will be ready for Thursday mornings, BUT TODAY, we will be cooking these recipes at the same time!  That seems exciting anyway!

This is a family favorite I have been eating since I was a little girl.  Thanks, Mom, for the recipe!

Burrito Casserole

1 lb. ground meat
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can refried beans
flour tortillas
shredded cheese
taco seasoning, optional
cheese dip (Velveeta and rotel), optional

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°.  Brown your meat.  Season with salt and pepper.  If you like your food spicy, you can add a pack of taco seasoning to the meat.  Once meat is done, pour in enchilada sauce, soup, and refried beans.  Stir until mixed well and heat through.  Spray a 9x13 casserole dish.  In the bottom, layer 6 flour tortillas across the bottom of the pan.  Pour 1/3 of meat mixture over tortillas.  Sprinkle with shredded cheese.  Repeat two more times.  Bake 15-20 minutes.  (Sometimes, I put Velveeta cheese dip over the bean/meat mixture in place of shredded cheese.  It's really good either way!)

Sopapilla Cake

2 blocks cream cheese
2 cans crescent rolls
1 c sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c melted butter
1/2 c cinnamon sugar

Directions:
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  Line the pan with one package of crescent rolls.  Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.  Spread over crescent rolls.  Unroll and spread the other can of rolls on top of cream cheese.  Pour melted butter over crescent rolls and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

Thank you, Missy Nicholson, for this recipe!  It was a in a cookbook that she gave me just for Thursdays on the blog! 

I was praying this morning and the Lord reminded of this, so I am going to remind you.  God knows every hair on our head. (Matthew 10:30)  He knew us before we were even formed and fashioned our days before there were any.(Psalm 139)  He keeps track of our tears. (Psalm 56:8)  He hears us! (1 John 5:15)  We are significant!  We are more than able to accomplish the mission He has called us to.  WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS through Him who loves us. (Romans 8:37)



No comments:

Post a Comment