Friday, January 3, 2014

It's A New Year!



Behold, I will do a NEW thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you know it?  I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.  Isaiah 43:19

It's a new year!  Isaiah 43:19 is one of my favorite verses.  Don't we all love new and exciting things?  I thought about posting all the things I wanted to accomplish this year starting with lose the same 20 pounds I lose at the beginning of every year, but, well, that just isn't new.  I could think of about a million things I want to do more of or do better at, but I needed something NEW!  When I narrowed down what my resolution would be there was only one thing that mattered to me: Read and memorize more scripture. (And help my children do the same.)

I want to know God.  I want to trust Him in all things!  I want to trust His sovereignty in all areas of my life.

"You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail!" Proverbs 19:21 

It seems that just when I think I have things planned out in a way that should be pleasing to Him, God puts a curve in my road.  Anyone else know what I mean!?!  He must constantly remind me that He is in control, not me.  With more of The Word hidden in my heart, I become more confident in His ability to lay out good plans (Jeremiah 29:11) for my life.

With the New Year, I would like to get back to posting on my blog more.  I would also like to have more guest posts....HINT! HINT! HINT!  Especially for Wedded Wednesdays, as that was the highest viewed posts.  We could all use some encouragement and wisdom when it comes to marriage. 

Some things that I have considered doing on my blog this year:

-A post committed to just letting you look into a day of our home school life. (Our schedule and curriculum choices.  This is especially for those who are interested in homeschooling.)
-Maybe quarterly doing week long studies on a certain book of the Bible.  (We could all read and discuss what we're learning.)
-Some posts on Essential Oils and what I am learning!
-Highlight some influential women in Christian History. (Sarah Edwards-Jonathon Edwards' wife, Gladys Aylward, etc.)
-Chore system that works well for us.
-Frugal tips and recipes. (I'm trying to learn!)
-Why I choose Home birth to a hospital birth.
-Giveaways.......I love Giveaways!

Do you have some ideas or suggestions for me?  Please share.

I absolutely love blogging.  It is a short time each day when I feel like I get to interact with other women who love God, love their family, and just love people!  Thank you for spending time with me everyday.  You will never know how valuable your encouragement is to me!

So in accordance with my resolution, I am about to start memorizing more scripture.  I just finished learning Psalm 23.  I think I will learn Psalm 139.  Does anyone want to do this challenge with me?

I think I will give myself 2-3 weeks, (Is this a reasonable amount of time?) then I am going to try to post a video of me doing it.  Hopefully, I will get a little better at technological things before then. LOL!  I am going to use this video by Sarah Reeves Kothlow to help me.  I love this Woman of God.  (Yay!  We get to see her in just a few weeks!) 




NOTE:  Because Facebook has changed so many policies on what we can see in our news feed each day, everyone does not see when I post my blog for the day.  If you feel encouraged by this blog, please share on your page.  This way more people will see it. If you don't do Facebook, (or even if you do!) you can get my blog sent straight to your email by subscribing on the side bar of the blog.  Thank you!

HAPPY 2014, FRIENDS!

7 comments:

  1. The Book of Psalms
    Return to Index


    Chapter 139

    1 O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

    2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

    3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

    4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

    5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

    6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

    7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

    8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

    9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

    10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

    11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

    12
    Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

    13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

    14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

    15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

    16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

    17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

    18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

    19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.

    20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

    21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

    22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

    23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

    24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately up for a Natural Birth blog!!! And anything that saves money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love birth stories, that is generally what draws me to read other women's blog. About saving money, we'll learn it together. I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. I'll try that's a long one lol MP
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are going to join me, Melissa. You and Missy will definitely have to make sure and hold me accountable.

      Delete