Monday, January 20, 2014

Fellowship One with Another!

Today's post is by my dear friend, Melissa Powell!  I am so glad the Lord brought her and her husband, James, to Freedom Fellowship!  I can't imagine life without this fun, crazy woman!
Melissa and Tera at Freedom's Ladies Retreat 2013!
1 John 1:7
 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son purifies us from all sin.
 
    As the Freedom Fellowship Annual Ladies Retreat is quickly approaching, I felt it laid on my heart to encourage ladies to try to attend.  I also wanted to share a little bit of my experience with you.
 
    I was not raised in this area or in this church.  My husband and I started attending Freedom Fellowship in 2008 and quickly knew this was where we were suppose to be.  I say that to share with you a story of my first couple of ladies retreats.  Like I said, we were new to the area and new to the church.  I signed up for the retreat not knowing who I was going to room with or what to expect.  I was scared and vulnerable (I'm convinced that's when the Lord can speak to us most).  I had an amazing time!  The Lord dealt with me there and on the ride home from the retreat.  He opened my spiritual eyes and molded my heart. 
Retreat 2013-Worship led by Sarah Reeves Kothlow and guest speaker, Pastor Linda Gilmore!
    
The second ladies retreat I went on, I had a lot going on in my life.  I was opening my own business that next weekend, and I had so much to prepare.  But, the Lord reminded me of how He spoke to me and all that He had revealed to me on that first retreat.  This time I roomed with some ladies I had gotten to know at the church and a lady that I had invited.  We had a great time in The Lord and great fellowship with one another.
 
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
 
    My third and forth ladies retreats you could have not paid me enough to make me not go.  I had seen The Lord touch and speak to us ladies, and every year, the Lord has taken me to a new level with Him. 
 
Retreat 2012
 
    So I leave you with this year's theme which is: STRENGTH and this years verse which is-
 
2 Corinthians 12:9
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
 
    Who can't use more strength in this world that tries to make us look weak?  Who doesn't need grace?  The definition in my Bible for Grace: an undeserved favor or gift; The undeserved forgiveness, kindness and mercy that God gives us.  I'm a 1,000 percent sure we all need that.  The last part of 2 Corinthians 12:9 says, "for my power is made perfect in weakness."  In my life that means He has perfect power, because without Him I am weak- I am nothing.  So this year I encourage you, whether your brand new to the church, or are so busy this year with life that you don't think you can make it: reconsider and MAKE THE TIME! I promise you won't regret it!
 
1 Corinthians 2:9
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.
 
Retreat 2012-Good Samaritan Fellowship joined us for the Retreat and Liz Panepinto was the Speaker!
 
The Freedom Fellowship Ladies Retreat is January 31-February 1.  The cost is $55 per lady and meals are included. (17 yrs and up!)  For more information, you can call the church office Monday - Friday 8 a.m.-12 p.m.  at (409) 385-4517.  You can also contact Naomi Chance via Facebook for more info! 

No comments:

Post a Comment