Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wedded wednesday Links


Today, I am giving you a few links to some of my favorite articles on marriage.  These are some articles that really touched my heart and made me think about what I could do better or different in my own marriage.  I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did.
 

-When your husband is not a spiritual leader, it is easy to fall into a trap of bitterness.  If your husband is a great leader, he will still fail sometimes because he is human.  Bambi Moore at Nursery of the Nation writes When He Doesn't Lead as an encouragement to wives to pray for their husbands no matter how they are leading.

-If you know me very long you will probably hear me say that I think all young couples should get married young and have babies!  Those two things are the best things that happened in my life and the greatest tools God has used to work in my life.  Kelly Crawford at Generation Cedar makes a good case for this in Why We Should Encourage Our Kids to Marry Young.

-Marriage is under attack. Marriage has always been under attack. The world, the flesh and the devil are all adamantly opposed to marriage, and especially to marriages that are distinctly Christian. Marriage, after all, is given by God to strengthen his people and to glorify himself; little wonder, then, that it is constantly a great battleground.  Read more about 6 Deadly Enemies of Marriage by Tim Challies.

-One of my favorite articles for women who are married to ministers is 10 Things Every Young Pastors Wife Should Know by Kristi at Little Natural Cottage.

-It is so easy as a mother to make a home child-centered instead of family-centered.  In The Marriage Priority, Amy Roberts at Raising Arrows  says that raising strong families begins with strong marriages. 

Do you have a great article that encouraged you in your marriage?  If you do, please share a link to it in the comments or on  Passionate With a Purpose's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment