Monday, January 27, 2014

RADICAL!



There are hardly even words to describe how I feel about this quote.  Empowered to rise up and be an even more RADICAL follower of our awesome God, convicted that so many times I choose to be comfortable instead, and burdened that the Church of the Living God has way more comfortable Christians than radical!  What has happened to the Beautiful Bride of Christ since Acts 2?  I believe this might be the answer.

 
If we want to make a difference, we must proclaim the true Gospel.  From what I read in the book of Matthew 4, when Jesus called disciples to himself, he called for radical obedience.  He called disciples to leave family, to leave occupations, and to leave the place they knew as "COMFORTABLE" and Follow Him.  What you don't read about in this text is Jesus finding trained and educated professionals who already know how to do what He is asking them.  Do you think that is coincidence?  No way! 

Something else we don't find is Jesus teaching these disciples that if you follow Him your life will be happiness and prosperity-with out trials.  The Bible tells us that trials produce endurance. (James 1:3)  I will not even elaborate on what I think about the Prosperity Gospel that is being preached!

Radical - a person who advocates thorough and complete reform; an activist; revolutionary; far-reaching; wide-ranging

Jesus was radical!  The Church I read about in Acts 2 - they were radical!  Now Church, it's time we get a little radical!


If you are reading on a mobile device or email, I am sorry you can't view the video.  You can go to YouTube and search David Platt - Religion or Devotion?  The clip is about 4 1/2 minutes long, but it is worth watching! 

Anybody want to take a guess about what book I am reading right now?  It is Radical by David Platt.  I am really, really enjoying it so far.  If you are looking for something to read right now, grab a copy, and read along with me.

This week, here on the blog, I have a few exciting things coming up.  Two guest writers - one on Wedded Wednesday and another on Thursday for Recipe day.  (I need a catchy name for that...any suggestions?)  Also, another giveaway Friday!  I can not wait.   

I love you guys!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spending time with me each day.  My prayer for each of you is that today you will experience the Greatness of God in a new way.  That you will see Jesus in His Word.  When we see Him, we become like Him! (1 John 3:2) 

No comments:

Post a Comment