Monday, January 13, 2014

Flawless!

I love Sundays!  There is just nothing better than great fellowship with Brothers and Sisters in Christ, hearing the Word of God preached, and worshipping Our Savior, Jesus Christ!  I am not going to lie though, by Monday morning, I can hardly drag myself out of bed because I am so tired.  Every Monday, when my alarm goes off,  I push snooze about 15 times.  Anybody else seem to have this problem!?!  : )

Have you received an email "Scripture Exchange" before?  If you haven't, it is a letter that gives you instruction to send the person on top of the list an encouraging Bible verse.  Then, you take that email address off and add your name.  Pick 20 friends and email it to them.  I guess you would call it a chain letter.

I had one sent to me recently by my sister-in-law, Tiffany, and decided to join in.  I emailed the first person one of my favorite scripture passages.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10  But God said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness,"  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, petitions, calamities.  For when I am weak, THEN HE IS STRONG!

I received two scriptures myself.  They were at different times of the days, on two different days, but I am serious when I say, they were right when I needed them.  (How awesome is that!)

The first verse was sent to me by my sweet friend, Naomi!

Psalm 18:30-36
As for God, his way is perfect:
    The Lord’s word is flawless;
    he shields all who take refuge in him.
 For who is God besides the Lord?
    And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights.
 He trains my hands for battle;
    my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
 You make your saving help my shield,
    and your right hand sustains me;
    your help has made me great.
 You provide a broad path for my feet,
    so that my ankles do not give way.
 
When I read this,  I was absolutely overwhelmed by God's goodness and love for me.  I know with God, there are no coincidences.  That week, Billy Joe and I had been discussing the fact that sometimes people use scriptures that appear to contradict each other to say that God's Word is fallible.  I believe that in our human understanding we will not understand all of God's ways and that The Bible is the Infallible, Inerrant Word of God.  This scripture was in perfect timing to remind me...... God is perfect and His Word is flawless! 
 
The next verse I received came as a surprise to me.  It was from a very special woman, Darlene Aime, from our church that had to move away.  Every time I would see her at church, she would have such an encouraging word for me.  This is what she sent me.  
 
  Psalms 103:2 Bless the Lord O my soul, And forget not His benefits.  
I realize this was an email chain letter, but I have learned something valuable.  When you feel like you are supposed to send an email or text with a scripture and a word of encouragement, don't hesitate.  There are no coincidences with God.  His Word will bear fruit and accomplish its purpose. (Is.55:11)  We just need to learn to be faithful to deliver!


Do you have a favorite scripture that you go to for strength and encouragement?  Please share with us in the comments or on the FB page!  I hope you have a great Monday.
 

3 comments:

  1. God gives power to the weak, and strength to the weary.
    Isaiah 40:29

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2 favorite scriptures are 2 tim. 1:7 God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power, love and sound mind. or Jer 29:11 For I know the plans towards you plans for good not evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete