Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wedded Wednesday:Never Once!

Wednesdays are my favorite day in the blogging world.  I love talking about marriage, because, well, I just love being married.  Not in a "I live a fairytale life where it has always been dreamy" way, but "I love marriage because we have worked and prayed hard to get where we are today, and now I can appreciate marriage more" kind of way!



As I sat and pondered on what subject I might write about today, my mind drifted off.  I was thinking about two friends going through hard times in their marriages.  My heart was so heavy that I had to stop and pray for them.  When I see another sister-in-Christ in turmoil over her marriage, it absolutely breaks my heart.  Maybe as you read this, you are facing a storm in your marriage.  Today is for you, my friend. 

If you have been married very long, you know that there are ups and downs.  You don't always feel an overwhelming, fairytale emotion for your spouse.  As a matter of fact, you might occasionally wonder if your Marriage Boat  will sink. 

 

When I think back to a rough time in my marriage, I just remember what seemed like a deluge of helplessness.  I felt like I was falling into a black hole with no one to drag me out.  Maybe, you can relate.  I wanted to be able to snap my fingers and magically make everything better, but it doesn't happen like that.  I didn't know how long I could stand the fire, but God knew what I could handle.  I needed to go through that to grow me (even though I couldn't see it at the time).  Our battle was a spiritual battle over authority (Praise God, He has changed my heart!), but there are many trials that we can face in marriage.  Adultery, financial issues, unbelieving spouses, or spouses who have turned their back from God.  These are just a few I can think of, but God knows what we are walking through.   

If I can convey one message today it would be this, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  No matter how alone you may feel, God has not left you, nor will He ever!   

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”  Deuteronomy 31:6 NKJV
We might not all walk through the same trials in our marriages.  We might not all have the outcome we wish for.  One thing that I do know is, that as Believers in Christ, HOPE IS NOT GONE!  WE ARE NEVER LEFT TO WALK THROUGH THE STORM ALONE! 

The lyrics of Never Once by Matt Redman say it best.  I have made this my anthem.  It rings true about my life and about marriage!  I added the lyrics for those of you who can't view the video from your phones. 

Never Once

Standing on this mountaintop
Looking just how far we’ve come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
 

For those of you who needed this today, just know, you have sisters praying for you!  If you have a friend in need of some encouragement in her marriage, share this with them.  You might even call or send them an email/text and just let them know that you are praying.  Then purposefully and passionately pray that God will do a work that only He can do in their marriage!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment