Thursday, September 26, 2013

Peanut Butter Fudge

This post is by Naomi Chance!  If you haven't read her Wedded Wednesday post, click here!  If you have read it, you know already that I think she is one of the best cooks in the whole world!  I know you will enjoy this recipe.  It makes me want to sing, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go......" 
 

PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE


Ingredients:
 
1 stick butter
4 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
12 oz can evaporated milk
7 oz container marshmallow cream
2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
 
 
In a heavy pot add butter, sugars, and evaporated milk. Over medium heat bring to a boil. Boil for 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Add marshmallow cream. Mix until well incorporated. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Pour into 9x13 pan. Allow to cool and enjoy.
_________________________________________
 
I thought I would share one of my favorite holiday (or for our house anytime of the year) recipes. I always hear people say that fudge is one of the hardest things to make. They say if the temperature is too high or too low it won't "set" right. Well, this recipe has never failed. I don't use a candy thermometer at all. I just time it. The most important thing is DO NOT STOP STIRRING! Another important tip is to move rather quickly with the final ingredients once you remove your pan from the heat.
 
1. Here is what you will need. (Oops, I forgot the cooking spray in the picture!)
 
 
 
2. Prepare your 9x13 pan with a thin layer of cooking spray. Also have your peanut butter measured, your spatula in your marshmallow cream and your vanilla ready to measure out. You will need to add these things quickly at the end.
 
 
 
3. Place all your butter (no substitutions), sugar, brown sugar and evaporated milk in your pot. I use a wooden spoon to stir with. Over medium or medium high heat bring to a boil. I start my timer as soon as I see small bubbles forming on the side of my pot.
 
 
 
4. Cook for 6 minutes. Eventually your fudge will come to a full boil. Don't panic....just stir, stir, stir.
 
 
 
5. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallow cream until well incorporated.
 
 
 
6. Add peanut butter (I only use Skippy) and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
 
 
 
 
 
7. Pour into prepared pan.
 
 
 
8. Allow to cool and voila!
 
 
 

2 comments: