Monday, September 9, 2013

The Perfect Gift

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17
Sunday morning I had the honor of being there for one of God's most perfect gifts, the birth of my nephew, Benjamin James.  It has been about 24 hours and I still feel overwhelmed.  Every time I see a newborn baby, I am ABSOLUTELY AMAZED AT GOD'S GOODNESS!  I see all these precious friends of mine that are having babies, and my heart runneth over!  When I hear them talking about nursing their sweet babies, it is almost enough to induce tears.  (I may or may not be crying now as I think about it!)  From conception, babies are truly a miracle formed by the very hand of God!

As you do not know what is the way of the wind, Or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child, So you do not know the works of God who makes everything.  Ecclesiastes 11:5 
For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
Psalm 139:13

It is God who formed this life!  (Just as a side note: This is why I can not understand how any Christian could support abortion FOR ANY REASON!)  How could anyone see the miracle of birth and still not believe in our Creator God?  Just look at these and tell me!

 Benjamin
 Allison
Caleb
Ruby
 
 

These are just a few of the babies I could have posted pictures of on the blog.  I think it is safe to say that our church is growing generationally!  Aren't they beautiful!  Isn't God amazing!

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Psalm 127:3
 
We would do well to remember that our children are a reward, a blessing from God.  We did nothing to deserve them.  God has entrusted us with these precious gifts of life.  Enjoy every minute they are nursing! (1 Thessalonians 2:7)  Train them up in the fear of the Lord! (Eph. 6:4)  Discipline and correct them so they will continue to be a delight to you! (Proverbs 29:17)  Most importantly, let me snuggle them as much as possible!  Ok, well, that's not in the Bible, but it is a GREAT idea to implement.
 
This is one of my shorter posts, but my blessings are getting up and I just want to love on them!  I hope all of you have a fantastic Monday! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment