Tuesday, October 1, 2013

1..2..3...JUMP!


Where to begin?  I have not posted in a few days because the Lord gave me a specific burden that I felt like I needed to commit some time to pray for.  The few hours I get before the girls wake up is normally when I read my Bible and write on my blog.  I needed this time to pray. (I'm sure you'd never confess to it, but you enjoyed the break from me as well! LOL)  I have also had some sick kiddos.  (I hate strep!)

As I type, I feel such a stirring in my Spirit.  God is moving!  I know, I know.  He's always moving.  BUT right now, he's moving in me!  I don't know about you, but when He starts shaking things, He really has a tendency TO GET ALL UP IN MY BUSINESS!  It can really be uncomfortable sometimes.  I feel like the Lord of Hosts is constantly trying to push me outside my comfort zone. (Yikes!)  I feel like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff and he's telling me, "Just jump, Tera!  I am with you.  It will be the most adventurous thing you will ever do.  Can you trust me?"   (As embarrassed as I am to admit it, I am not really the most adventurous person you've ever met!  I have a tendency to stick with safety, rather than adventure!)  While my heart is screaming a resounding "YES" to his command, somewhere inside me, a trace of fear is squeaking out a tiny, barely audible, "No, I don't think I can do this." 



I have my things that I do for the Lord that I am comfortable doing.  I play the piano and sing at church.  I home school my children and dedicate my life to nurture and disciple them.  I support my husband in His ministry.  I give financially to help causes of the church that are reaching out to hurting people like the Hope Crises Pregnancy Center, Samaritan's Ministry, Soul Winners India, and A21 (Rescuing girls from Human Trafficking).  I volunteer for VBS and work with our church's Home school Co-op.  Oh, and I blog!  I AM COMFORTABLE HERE!  These are all things that are needed.  (Except, perhaps the blogging!) For some reason I can't shake this. I keep hearing the Lord say, "Jump, Tera!"  For the last few days, I keep feeling something that I am almost scared to share.  I know that when you share, then you are accountable to your words. 

Serving in the church is needed, don't misunderstand me, but what if I use all of my resources only on the church.  If all I do is serve the church and be a blessing to those who are already blessed, when have I fulfilled the Great Commission?  If I only chose to be around those who are saved and act like good church members, I choose safety over courage.  Look at that list above!  What part of that list is not ministering inside the church?  None.  Giving to a ministry is not the same as doing ministry.  What part of that causes me to jump?  None.  What part of that requires great faith and strength from God?  Those are all things I WANT to do.  I know that I can do them, because I have the physical ability to.  Trying to live a comfortable, sheltered life just won't do.  God's mission can make life a little messy sometimes.  Are we ready?

“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
Isaiah 61:1-3 NKJV
 
The one thing I hate with a passion is public speaking!  If you know me at all, you know that is so true!  Isn't it a little funny that in the last year, I have been on our platform twice to speak to our congregation.   I have a feeling that it probably won't be the last time either. God has such a great sense of humor doesn't he?!?!  There are a multitude of things like speaking that are out of my comfort zone!  For example, going to  minister at a prison.  Yet, I keep feeling a tugging at my heart to go.  It's time for me to jump! 
 
How about you?  What are you afraid of?  I could make a list a mile long of things that I hope the Lord never calls me to do.  (Like going door to door to spread the Good News of Jesus!)  I know people who have the gifting for those things, and it is NOT ME!  (It's so scary and my words get jumbled up...surely, you can relate.)  I am reminded of the song by Casting Crowns,

If we are the body why aren't his arms reaching?  Why aren't his hands healing?  Why aren't his words teaching?  And if we are the body, Why aren't his feet going?  Why is his love not showing them there is a way?

I DO NOT WANT THIS TO BE MY THEME SONG BECAUSE I WAS TOO AFRAID TO LET GOD USE ME IN A WAY THAT WAS OUTSIDE MY COMFORT ZONE!

We will not win a lost and dying world from inside the four walls of the Church.  I remember sitting in a class, probably ten years ago, taught by Buddy Buckner.  I can still see the seriousness on his face.  He said, "The only way we will reach the world is by being Jesus to the world through practical service out of love!  Service and ministry are one in the same.  You are a tract (piece of literature that Christians will pass out as a witnessing tool) in human form."  Simply brilliant, don't you think!
 
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon us!  His anointing can allow us to do things that in our own ability, knowledge, or strength would never be possible.  There is a hurting world outside the four walls of the church.  We need to go preach good news to the poor not wait until we can get them in the church so the Pastor can convince them they need Jesus.  That might look like serving food at a soup kitchen or collecting jackets for the homeless.  Who knows how God will allow us to share His good news!?!  It might not look like the way we think it will.  We are sent to seek out the brokenhearted and those bound up and point them to Jesus!  Go to that prison ministry!  Go serve at a Pregnancy Crisis Center!  Bring food to the widow.  Keep children for a single mother.  Bless someone who has found themselves in a financial mess.  WE HAVE WHAT THEY NEED and God will give us what we need when we JUMP!

It is time to plant seeds.  I don't know if you have ever planted a garden, but you can believe me when I say, IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE PICTURES!  I had this fairytale dream of working in the garden to relieve stress.  You know, dressed in my beautiful 1950's Leave It to Beaver dress and apron, with perfect hair and makeup!  That it would be such a joyous occasion. Um...... I did not find that to be the case.  My knees and back ached from being bent over.  I was filthy.  I got attacked by ants multiple times.  It was not the glamorous work that I had set out for.  Working in the field of The Lord's garden is the same way.  It might be messy.  You will probably get dirty and you might get attacked.  You might get tired and sore from the labor.  Oh, but the fruit of your labor is so sweet! 

What does the Lord want you to do?  Are you willing?  Will you jump and trust Him?   
 
JUMP,
LET'S DO IT TOGETHER! 


1....2.....3  GO!
 

5 comments:

  1. Well said! The Lord has been impressing on me the need to get to reach out to my neighbors more. The neighbors down the road that I do not already know. Not sure how I'll manage that. It's scary. I don't know those people. What if they're weird? But as Babbie Mason sings, "Each one reach one."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you in that respect. I actually have some really nice neighbors who I would like to reach out to more. Need to make that become more than words, and put it in to action!

      Delete
  2. Awesome word thanks for sharing. I too feel a call that I like to pretend that I don't hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time has come! Just like that song we've been singing....Wake up child! It's your time to Shine. You were born FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS! I'm ready!

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! That is so well said and jumping is exactly what we need to do...i have been feelin the same shaking in my spirit as well....i went to the prison ministry and was blessed beyond belief.....I absolutely LOVE when the Lord has me on spiritual high, however other people usually get a little freaked out! !! LOL
    I have to always remind myself though that I am to walk above the world & in the spirit; I am to have a fear of the Lord & not a fear of man.....it is not our job to always figure out the details...When the Lord says GO; we Go, when He says speak; we speak......Someone will always form their own opinion of us whether good or bad, but once again we are not responsible nor accountable for THEIR response......We MUST say & do whatever the LORD tells us at Any expense to our "reputation" or our "comfort zone"!!!!

    ReplyDelete