Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wedded Wednesday:My Soul Loveth

It is my privilege to host guest writer, Naomi Chance.  She is wife to Dale and homeschooling mother to Jonah, Jenna, and Jane.  Naomi is the Director of Ladies Ministries at our church and a very dear friend of mine.  I can not remember one time that I have seen her without a smile on her face.  And even though it has absolutely nothing to do with what she wrote on the blog today, I must share with you that she is one of the best cooks I know!  You will be definitely be encouraged and blessed by her words today!!!!

  

We took a last minute family trip to the beach this weekend before the bustle of a new school year began. As I sat in the sand watching my 3 children play and my husband relax with a look of peace on his face, I was reminded of what the psalmist David wrote in Psalm 139:17-18:

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!  If I should count them,
 they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.
 
Who do you know that could count the grains of sand in even a handful? But God’s precious thoughts for me are MORE than the number of them all. God has shown me His faithfulness and goodness through many things over the years, but mostly through opening my husband's blinded eyes. I, along with a few other trusted sisters in Christ, have prayed for him for several years. I wish I could say I always trusted the word of God and known He would bring peace in every storm, but I can’t. I doubted, I questioned and I wanted to give up. I am human…I wanted to give up a lot. The enemy would have delighted in that.
 
If you’re praying for your husband's salvation (or anyone for that matter)  DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! Joshua 1:9 tells us not to be afraid or dismayed because He is with us wherever we go. God knows we are but dust. He is patient with us. His strength is made perfect in our weaknesses (2 Cor 12:9) The only thing you need to give up is control to the Holy Spirit. Let Him show you His strength.  Quit trying to figure out the right words to say or the best way to fix things yourself.  Don't you know God is big enough to fix ANY problem?  He doesn't need our help. 
 
These are some promises that God has shown true to me while praying for my husband:



~~GOD LOVES ME!! There is nothing that can separate me from that fact. (Romans 8:38-39) Not even my failures. He forgives them daily.

 
~~GOD HEARS MY PRAYERS!! In fact, His ears are open to my cries. (Psalm 34:15) He desires a close, intimate relationship with me. If I want results I have to diligently ask. (1 John 5:14-15)
 

~~GOD WANTS GOOD THINGS FOR ME!! The Word says that all things work for my good because I love God. (Romans 8:28) It also says His plans are to prosper me and not to harm me.
(Jeremiah 29:11)

~~GOD WANTS TO BRING SALVATION TO THE LOST!!  The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.~2 Peter 3:9

~~GOD’S TIMING IS PERFECT!!  For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.
~Habakkuk 2:3    I wanted results in my marriage and my husband’s life immediately. God, however, had to teach me some things and ultimately show me how mighty He truly is through it all.

 
The simple fact is when we face trials in our life, we either choose to believe the promises God  has for us or we choose to do things our own way. Keep in mind…I learned through every trial and
tribulation in my life.  It built faith hope, and trust.  My husband had a personal experience with

Jesus at a youth camp about a year ago. God has taken his heart and completely changed it. What a miracle!!! I tell people all the time God gave me a new husband, the man of my dreams. Our

marriage is far from perfect.  The Lord is still molding us both into the image of Christ.  And believe me we have a long way to go. The presence of Jesus has made it so much sweeter though.
 
This passage in Song of Solomon 3:1-4 sums up my search for the man of my dreams:
 
By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets,
and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth:
I sought him, but I found him not.
The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said,
Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?
It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth:
I held him, and would not let him go.
 
My marriage is a reflection of God’s ever present love for me. Every time I hear my husband call me his “sweet bride” I immediately feel the love the Lord has lavished on me through him. I am, after all, the bride of Christ as well. When you find the one your soul loveth, hold onto it, do not let it go! Do not let go of all God has promised you. He is faithful in all things. On that I can stand sure!!!

4 comments:

  1. For some reason my format keeps doing strange things! Please be patient as I work the kinks out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the"like button"?! Good word, great brother and sister in Christ, live y'all two so much! Great blog post Tera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement, Michael!

      Delete
  3. Such a great word, Naomi! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete