Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wedded Wednesday: The Best Example

Today's post is by my longtime friend, Jessie Cowart.  She has been married to her husband, Charles, for 2 years.  She is the mother of a 5 week old beauty, Allison.  Jessie plays the piano at our church, and teaches 3rd-5th grade Rays of Hope Girls' Class.

Jessie & Charles Cowart


Hello everyone! I hope all of you are having a fantastic week!  I would like to share with you something that has impacted my marriage tremendously!  When I was a little girl all I wanted to do was get married and have a family!  Well, you guessed it!  I got married when I was 18 to the love of my life!  There is not a day that goes by I don't love him more!
 
We just had our first baby girl who is 5 weeks old (Which seems unreal)!  Of course, getting married at a young age also comes with A LOT of struggles! (But who doesn't know that? LOL)  One thing that has helped me not to "rock our marriage boat" is the advice and wisdom of older, God fearing women, who love the Lord and strive to please Him.
 
4. So that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands and children, 5. To be sensible, pure, good homemakers, and submissive to their husbands, so that God's message will not be slandered.
Titus 2:4-5 HCSB
 
I love the part in verse 5 where it says, "so that Gods message will not be slandered."  Not only do these examples help us to have good marriages and happy households, but also to follow the plan God has for us as wives and mothers which in return He will bless!
 
I hope to be a good example and realize the importance of doing so because of the impact women like this have had in my life and in my marriage!
 
Happy Wednesday Everyone! I hope its fantastical!! :)
 
 
This is Jessie's beautiful daughter, Allison!
 
 
 JUST FOR FUN!
Please leave a comment of Titus 2 advice that you wish someone would have given you when you were first married or a new mother!  If you can't leave a comment on here for some reason, please leave one on the facebook page under this link!
 

3 comments:

  1. MARITAL ADVICE: Always edify your husband in conversation. NEVER be the one badmouthing him when you talk to your friends or his. It brings division and mistrust.
    PARENTAL ADVICE: Your children will remember the time you spend with them....not the money you spend on them. AND, Fill them with the Word of God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your advice, Naomi! Here is mine: Enjoy your babies! Don't wish the younger years away. Sleepless nights only last a short period of time. You blink and they are in Jr. High! About marriage, be intentional about making your husband your best friend. Make sure he knows that he comes before EVERYONE else. Serve him (yep, I said it!!) and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Godly advice is passed thru generations.
    Parental: I agree 100% with Tera and Naomi- love you children. Time with them is the most precious thing. No amount of toys, money, or material thing can compare to your presence.
    Marital: Remember your husband should be your very best friend! No one should be closer to you. When you're children are grown, it is your husband who will still be there. Make sure that while you are taking care of the needs of your children, you don't let them take all of your time and attention from your husband. It is easy to let this happen- believe me I know- this is easier said than done. I am not even a full time mom, just a part time aunt/teacher and yet I find it consumes quite a lot of my time and attention. And as Naomi wrote, don't degrade your man- after all he is your gift from God. Oh it is so easy to point out the flaws in each other, but it takes strength and commitment to building up each other.
    God bless you all and I pray He gives you even more wisdom as you strive to be all that He calls you to be!

    ReplyDelete