Monday, October 14, 2013

Slave or Heir?


Yesterday morning, someone at church said to me, "Something has changed about you.  When you lead worship, you are different."  They are right.  Something has changed.  My perspective has shifted.  I used to serve God like I was always walking on egg shells.  I thought that I might make one wrong move and He would lift the anointing off my life and not use me for His kingdom.  I had a "slave" mentality. 

And because you are sons, God has sent forth the
Spirit of His Son into your hearts,
crying out, “Abba, Father!”   
Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son,
and if a son,
then an heir of God through Christ.
Galatians 4:6-7 NKJV
 
This is the shift: I am an heir, a child of God.  He is my Father and He loves me with the fiercest of loves.  He pursued me, in my sin and selfishness, because He knit me together in my mother's womb for the purpose of fellowship with Him.  The very God who spoke ALL THINGS into being lives right inside of me.  HE IS RIGHT HERE INSIDE OF ME!  I belong to Him!  He is my Father! 
 
I was thinking about this last night.  If you have children, you will relate.  Everything I have, my children thinks it belongs to them also.  That would explain why, even though my girls each have their own hairbrush, MINE is always missing.  My pillows, earrings, and socks seem to be fair game around here!  Do I share?  Yes!  Why?  Because these little beauties running around here aren't strangers, THEY ARE MINE.  THEY BELONG TO ME.  If I have something good, I share with them.  There is nothing that I own, no ability that I have, that holds any value that can be compared to the value of my children.  I will do whatever it takes to make sure their needs are met.  I make every effort within my ability to make sure that they know that I love them.  God, our Father, is like this, except His love is higher than any mountain, deeper than any ocean, unconditional, and far reaching beyond what our human minds can ever comprehend.  All the good things that He has, we can have it.  We get to share with him because he is our Daddy!
 
God doesn't use certain people because they won the Holy Ghost ticket.  He uses people because their eyes have shifted off of what they can't do, and on to their Father who holds the power to make all things possible.  The desires of their heart are taken over by the desires of the God who rules their heart.  Their limited vision is enlarged because the Father sees and knows all things, and they talk to Him all day long.  The Word of God is alive in them because the very one who inspired it, is in them as they read it, giving understanding and life.  If we want to be like these people, we have to grasp this.  All of God, all of His presence that we want to experience on the earth, all boldness, anointing, gifting, and strength is there for us to have!  We just need to step into our roles as Sons and Daughters of the King of the Kingdom.   
 
My prayer today is that we will see ourselves as God intended us to. We are heirs, sons and daughter, of the King who has already conquered death, hell, and the grave!  We are royalty!  We have Destiny! We have been set free..........................It is time for us to shake History!
 
   
 
     

2 comments:

  1. This is what we need to be reminded of continually! Not what we don't have or can't do or how we fail and need to work harder. The most encouraging words a christian can hear are' "the King of Glory loves you, He rejoices over you, yes you, with singing". That is what makes me strive to do my best everyday. That is what makes every sacrifice or inconvenience for the sake of another easier to swallow. If HE loves me, then how can I refuse?

    ReplyDelete