Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wedded Wednesday:Forgive How Many Times?

I asked Melinda Stanton to post for me on Wedded Wednesday, but she has so many great posts on her blog that I am sharing one of those!  If you are interested in working on your marriage, no matter how good or bad it is right now, you will find a lot of great teaching on Melinda's blog, Auntie Em's guide! 

Melinda and Randy Stanton

 Forgive How Many Times?

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?”  Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven.” Matthew 18:21-22
 
Then Jesus begins the parable of the servants who owed money to their master; and the one who owed a huge amount was forgiven the debt; after which he choked and imprisoned someone who owed him a pittance. I’m right there in the cheap seats, cheering when the master called him back in, tortured and imprisoned him till he could repay the original debt. Yeah! You deserve it, jerk!
But then– you know what I’m going to say, don’t you? God whispers. “Ahem…. ahem… I forgave you a huge debt. Remember? Shouldn’t you forgive the pittance that you think you are owed?”
 
Finish reading this article at Auntie Em's Guide!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment