Thursday, October 24, 2013

Catch Your Breath!

Today's post is by Naomi Chance!  I don't have to brag on her to y'all, because if you know her, you love her as much as I do!  Sometimes I wonder how I am so blessed to be friends with such a giving, caring, compassionate woman of God!  I know, I know....you get it.....I love this lady! 

Naomi Chance


If your heart is broken, you’ll find God right there; if you’re kicked in the gut, he’ll help you catch your breath. ~Psalm 34:18 (The Message)
 
Have you ever had a hurt so deep you felt like you couldn’t catch your breath? Have you ever had heartache so brutal you thought you couldn’t possibly make it through another day? I know I have. God’s Word promises over and over to bring healing.

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They ARE new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. ~Lamentations 3:22-23

I love, love, love this scripture!! It gives me hope in every storm that comes into my life. He sees ME! My innermost! There isn’t a sorrow felt, a tear shed or a groan uttered that my Jesus doesn’t know about. I will never be consumed by my circumstances!

As a believer I have 2 of the most powerful tools EVER!

#1 is The Word of God!
 
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. ~Hebrews 4:12 (NLT)
The Word cleanses our minds and our hearts. I don’t know about you, but I am a work in progress. He’s changing me from glory to glory every day! My mind and heart need cleansing daily. God’s Word is also POWERFUL! When a trouble comes it is what keeps my eyes fixed on the Savior. If Jesus can use it when being tempted by Satan then so can I!
 
#2 is Prayer
 
And when you pray, you are not to be as the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners, in order to be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will repay you. And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition, as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. Therefore do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need, before you ask Him. ~Matthew 6:5-8

Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not about religion….it’s about relationship.”  It is so true. We can SAY we’re a believer all day long but there is so much more to be had.  There is a Savior who wants your all (even in the storms of this life). He wants to take you onto Holy Ground! How can He do that if we don’t know Him or His will for us? A relationship is built on communication and quality time.

Time spent in The Word and prayer is NEVER time wasted…..EVER!

My Pastor says all the time, “Bad things happen to good people.”  Sounds so simple, but how true it is. Life isn't fair. But I am learning to always, always, always remember there is a greater picture I don’t see. Praise Him in your storm! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. You don’t know what He’s preparing for you. He may need you to encourage someone who is going through the same thing one day.
 
Wise men lay up knowledge ~Proverbs 10:15
 
He that gathereth in summer is a wise son ~Proverbs 10:5 

Gather wisdom and knowledge through your heartache. God wants to use you for His mighty glory! He will turn you mourning into dancing! (Psalm 30:11)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have been hurt this bad 3 times in my life and everyone knows about them! if it were not for this the love of Jesus and my friends....well lets just say that I would not be responding to this blog!

    ReplyDelete