Thursday, June 5, 2014

Rice Meatballs

 
Before you read this recipe, I need to tell you a few things.  First, this is my favorite food.  I can not believe I have not shared it here before!  Secondly, Billy Joe hates it, and that is why I don't cook it very much!  I am pretty sure I have never actually had a recipe for this, so this is my tweaked version of Rice Meatballs.  Enjoy!

Rice Meatballs

2 lbs. ground meat
1 Box Beef Rice A Roni
2 1/2 Cups water
1 package brown gravy mix

Mix ground meat and Rice A Roni in a bowl.  (Season your meat as normal....salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.)  RESERVE SEASONING PACKET FOR LATER!  Form meatballs and place in skillet. Brown meatballs on both sides.  While meatballs are browning, combine gravy mix and 1 cup of the water together.  When the meatballs are browned, sprinkle Rice A Roni seasoning over meatballs and add remaining water and gravy.  Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.  Best if served over mashed potatoes......just trust me on this one!

Here's the breakdown of this oh-so-easy recipe!

1.  Mix ground meat and Rice A Roni.  Season your meat as normal.

 
2. Form meatballs. 

 
 
3.  Brown meatballs.  While browning, make gravy mixture.

 

 4.  When meatballs are browned, sprinkle Seasoning packet over them, add remaining water and gravy.  Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes.

5.  Enjoy over mashed potatoes!!!!!


As a bonus, I'm going to share a small part of scripture I read this morning! ☺

1 Thessalonians 2:11
Encourage one another and build each other up,
just as in fact you are doing.

Let's all make a point to take a moment today and encourage someone!  Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment