Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Rest!

My friends!  My friends!  I am happy to be back after a much needed break.  Matthew 11:28-30 says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."   Rest is good!  When school is finally over for the year, and life slows down for a short period before the chaos of summer hits, I need a bit of break from major tasks to refresh and refocus.  Can you relate?

    

I am so excited, I mean really excited, to tell you what is in the works for Passionate With A Purpose. This is something I have wanted to do since I started blogging, but never could get organized.  In July, we are going to start a month long study of the book of Proverbs.  Together each day, we will read one chapter corresponding with the date of the month, including Saturday and Sunday, and there will be a devotional to go along with it.  These devotionals will be written by many different women to keep things new and fresh.

 

Anticipation and expectation of what the Holy Spirit is going to do is overwhelming me right now!  I wanted to tell you now so you could get excited with me.  Maybe you have some friends you would like to invite on this journey as well!  The more the merrier!

The last week of June, I am going to spend some time introducing Proverbs.  Knowing who the authors are and where they were in history and in their relationships with God will make what they write so much more valuable and real.

Are you in?????

Join me tomorrow as we take at a look at The Modest Wife, and Thursday, for my favorite recipe of ALL times, Rice Meatballs! (Introduced to me by my sister-in-loves ☺)

This song has been playing a lot at my house the last few weeks.  I thought I'd share!  Come to Me from the Brownsville Revival is so good.  Hope you enjoy and have a great day!



1 comment: