Monday, June 9, 2014

Beauty Comes in the Shaking!

I was standing at the kitchen sink washing dishes Saturday evening, and I looked out the window to check on the girls who were playing a game on their swing set.  My heart was so full seeing them enjoying each other's company.  As my eyes started back to the plate in my hand, I caught a glimpse of broken snow globe on the windowsill. 


It had belonged to one of my girls, but apparently had been dropped and the globe cracked.  There was no water or snow flurries to be found.  Something that had once been so beautiful was nothing but a broken knick-knack taking up space.

Right in that very moment, I began to feel the warmth of God's presence.  I knew He was about to speak into my Spirit a word that would change my heart.  Just so you understand, I did not hear the audible voice of God nor did I have a vision.  I simply felt inspired to sit down and write out what I felt was imparted into my heart, and I hope I can convey in words what is so hard to put in written form.

The snow globe represented my life, and the water and flurries represented the lasting effects of temptations, trials, and storms that I had endured and those I will yet face in the future.  God has, at times, allowed my life to be shaken up.  Being flesh, we will all face storms of some kind.  Thankfully in my life, as He has promised, it is never more than I can bare. (1 Corinthians 10:13) 

Like a loving Father, He has always shown himself faithful.  Those storms didn't last forever, but they did leave marks on my life that will be there to remind me of God's grace, mercy, and patience. 

When the snow globe is shaken so many can enjoy the beauty of its floating snow flurries.   This is the truth He speaks to me in this very moment....BEAUTY COMES IS THE SHAKING!

 
When we have been shaken, and temptations and trials leave a mark on our life, those very things make us beautiful and cause us to bring GLORY to our God.  We are the handiwork (Ephesians 2:10), the craftsmanship, of God.  I believe He is constantly refining and polishing us to be even more beautiful before Him. 

No one wants to just admire a snow globe, they want to shake it and see what it looks like in action.  The same goes for us.  If we are never shaken, how will others see the beauty and love of God through our lives.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end."  We do not have a full picture of God's plan for our life because we have narrow vision, but we have assurance from His Word, that it is good (Jeremiah 29:11) and will be beautiful in His perfect timing.

 
His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but This happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. John 9:2-3

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 2 Corinthians 4:17

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

Today, my prayer is that we will embrace the trials we will face with boldness and hope.  From now on, may we look forward to the beauty God is working in us, and embrace the past trials as a necessary refining.  Oh Lord, help us to let the beauty of the mercy and grace of Jesus in our life be what might win and encourage other believers!  We know that when we see Jesus, and when others see Him through us, we will be like Him!(1 Jn. 3:2)

*****There are only 22 sleeps (as my kids would say) until the Proverbs Bible Study begins on July 1st.  Please be praying for the women who will be writing the posts throughout the study and for all who be studying along with us. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment