Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A New Thing!


I was thinking last night about the different seasons I have walked through on my spiritual journey with the Lord.  There have been times of great rejoicing, and times of grieving intercession.  There have been seasons of rebuke, correction, and growth, and seasons of gentle stillness.  There have been times where worship overflowed into new songs, and times when I have been immersed in understanding of The Word.  All the while, the Holy Spirit has been moving - shaping and molding me for every good work. (2 Cor. 9:8)  Sometimes I feel like Queen Esther and have to ask myself, "Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14)

This moment.  This season of life.  This very breath.  This calling that no one else was made to fulfill.  SUCH. A. TIME. AS. THIS.  Are you standing on tiptoe with me?  Waiting just to see what it is the Holy Spirit is about to do.  Looking and watching, asking the Lord to make my heart ready.  Oh, the anticipation is almost too much!!! 

Isaiah 43:19 says, Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it?

In my spirit, I feel like God is right on the brink of a new thing, a new season.  I feel a stirring and excitement in my heart that is new.    

These are the instructions I feel like the Holy Spirit has given me.

1.  Wait on the Lord!

Therefore, return to your God, Observe kindness and justice,
And wait for your God continually. 
Hosea 12:6

2.  Have GREAT ANTICIPATION for what the Lord wants to do!

But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD;
I will wait for the God of my salvation.
My God will hear me. 
Micah 7:7

3.  Get ready!  God is about to do something NEW!

Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves,
for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you." 
Joshua 3:5
 

I am looking forward to our Proverbs Bible Study that is coming up in just 7 days.  Proverbs 1:7 says, The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.  I am believing that through the power of Holy Spirit and The Written Word of God, we will be in such awe and fear of the Lord.

Get ready!  Start praying for all who will be doing this study, and for all the women who will be writing the daily posts.  Pray that through the study we will all have a fresh revelation of Jesus, because when we see Him, we'll be like Him. (1 John 3:2) 

Grab a journal or notebook to write down what God shows you.  Invite some friends to come on this journey with you and help you be accountable to stick with it all the way from Proverbs 1 to Proverbs 31.

Have a great week, My Friends! ☺     

 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, Tera. I see your heart. You are such a blessing. Thank you for always sharing what God has reveal to you. I can't wait for the Proverbs study.

    ReplyDelete