Monday, February 10, 2014

Week of Radical


A couple of weeks ago I did a post about being radical.  It was one of the most viewed posts here.  I have to think it is because Christian people are ready and hungry for something that is "more than this".  We read Acts 2 and it stirs us to want more than just church as usual.  We read Revelation 4, and it stirs our heart to reach deeper into worship.  We turn our Bibles to James 1:27 and read what the Bible defines as pure, undefiled religion, and we know we are called to do more than fill a spot on pew each week.  Digging into the Word brings life to Christians that otherwise would be stale and stagnant. 

When I read about Paul, I know that know that no mission God calls me to will be too hard, and there will be no trial I will have to face alone.  When I read about Jesus, I become fully aware of the magnificent act that transpired on the cross and how beautiful grace and mercy is.  I, also, know that if I want to do "greater things" (John 14:12) that Jesus talked about, I better get even more radical!  If I want to be like Jesus, I have to know Jesus.  I get revelation of Him through His Word. 

Radical- a person who advocates thorough and complete reform; an activist; revolutionary; reaching; wide-ranging

The theme to this whole week is going to be R-A-D-I-C-A-L!  Radical parenting, radical marriages (Wedded Wednesday), radical homemaking (Food with Friends!), and Radical Prayer.  In my life, this just means I am going to become even more revolutionary to make sure these things that I do, parenting, marriage, etc., line up more with the Bible than with the world's view of what they should look like.

Have you ever heard of Jefferson Bethke?  If you have, you have probably seen the video below.  If not, I hope you enjoy.


If you are reading by email or mobile device and can not view this video, check it out on YouTube.  It is titled Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus by Jefferson Bethke.

What do you think?  Here is something else to ponder on. 


How true is this statement!?!  If we want to not just play church, we have to know Jesus, know His heart towards people, know what stirred Him to compassion and what made Him angry.  If we are going to be RADICAL, we must get in the Word of God.  We must ask for a fresh revelation of WHO JESUS IS!  When we truly see Jesus, WE WILL BE LIKE HIM! (1 John 3:2)

2 comments:

  1. Well said! If more Christians were radical in following Jesus, I think there would be a lot less reason for people to like Christ, but not Christians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynnae! By the way, I love your blog! I'm so glad I found it. I'm going to add it to my favorites, over on the side, so my friends will go check it out!

      Delete