Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Randomness!

I have so many thoughts in my head today.  I read an article, recently, that said you should have one strong topic on your blog.  If you have more, you will confuse your readers, and not build your blog.  If y'all haven't noticed....I'm not really worried about building my blog.  So, today you are getting Friday Randomness!

I woke up to a text from Billy Joe (my husband) this morning that says, "How is Shine?"  I had to really think about that a minute.  Shine?  I am thinking all kinds of crazy thoughts because I am half asleep still.  Well, it is almost Valentine's Day!  Maybe he got me an early present!?!  I text him back and ask, "What is Shine?"  His reply, "The bluetick (coon dog) puppy in the mudroom!" Go ahead and laugh out loud!!!   Hmm, not exactly what I was thinking.  I am so crazy in love with that farmin', ranchin', coon huntin', servin' Jesus man!  ☺ 


Have you ever hear of 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jenn Hatmaker?  I read Interrupted by Jenn and found myself wanting to do this experiment.  It takes seven months.  Each month a different area of excess is addressed - food, clothes, spending, media, possessions, waste, and stress.  Below is the book description on Amazon.
 
They would spend thirty days on each topic, boiling it down to the number seven. Only eat seven foods, wear seven articles of clothing, and spend money in seven places. Eliminate use of seven media types, give away seven things each day for one month, adopt seven green habits, and observe “seven sacred pauses.” So, what’s the payoff from living a deeply reduced life? It’s the discovery of a greatly increased God—a call toward Christ-like simplicity and generosity that transcends social experiment to become a radically better existence.
 
Doesn't that sound intriguing!  I have started month 1 this week - anyone want to join me?  I have to warn you that Jenn Hatmaker is extremely honest and does not sugar coat anything like you might expect in a Christian book.  She is a "what you see is what you get" type of gal.  If you dive in, you'll see exactly what I am talking about!
 

 
The Ladies Retreat last weekend was awesome!  The worship led by Sarah Reeves Kothlow and the teaching by Sister Linda Gilmore was so good.  The best part (to me) was the fellowship!  I have to testify that this weekend I realized just how loved I am.  Trust me, I am not being proud, because this fact is absolutely humbling.  It brings tears to my eyes.  I am beyond blessed to have a community of women who love me no matter who I am, what I wear, how spiritual I can be, or what position I hold.  There is no need to work for acceptance or friendship, these women just love Jesus and love people.  Plain. And. Simple.  
 
Growing up, this was something I struggled with - the need to be accepted....or to fit in.  Even as an adult, I worried about this.  I feel free from it for the first time in my life!  These women don't expect me to be someone I am not or to try to be like them.  All they want is for me to love Jesus and love others.  I can not imagine being in a church where I didn't feel so loved or have Godly women in my life. 
 
I hate for people to use the word "BLESSED" flippantly about everything, but you better believe I do not throw it around lightly.  These women are a BLESSING in my life, and I love the place that God has me! 
 
Romans 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor.
Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.” - C.S. Lewis
 
Just a note of encouragement....If you feel like you don't need people in your life (FLASHING RED LIGHT HERE!) or that all of a sudden you don't fit in your Church community, you better believe that Satan will attempt to separate you and "cut you from the herd".  Don't believe his lies.  We need each other.  We were made for fellowship.  Press through and find a Christian friend to pray for you and with you. ☺ 

 
I have really been thinking about this for a few days.  There is a Valentine's sale at Lilla Rose today and tomorrow.  ALL PROCEEDS for February and March will go to Freedom Fellowship building fund!!!!!  If you have been thinking about ordering, and have been putting it off - NOW IS THE TIME!  Just click here to shop or click on the tab at the top that says Shop Lilla Rose to check them out!  Thank you in advance!  (For those who have ordered already, those proceeds will also go to the Building Fund!)
 
Kera and Kati (My oldest daughters) are making a video explaining how to use Lilla Rose Flexi-clips.  Hopefully, I will be able to post it later this afternoon or tomorrow.  I assure you, it will be entertaining!
 
This was my Friday Randomness!  I feel like I just sat down and spilled my thoughts over coffee with you.  Hugs, my friends!  I just want to throw one last quick thought out there.  To all my friends that read my blog, you make feel so loved, too!  Thank you for your friendship.  Seriously, from the bottom of my heart, I am most grateful for you!  Have a great weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment