Friday, March 14, 2014

Praise His Holy Name!

It is my great pleasure to share today's post with you.  It is written by my wonderful friend, Tonya Sanchez.  I have already read it twice and cried both times.  If you know Tonya, you know she is a beautiful, quiet, reserved woman of God.  As she will tell you, this is out of her comfort zone to share.  This testimony is very encouraging.  As my friends, I'm asking that if you read a something on my blog by a guest writer that touches, encourages, or speaks to you, please leave them a comment, email, or send them a text and tell them what it meant to you. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11              
I ♥ y'all,
Tera

Tonya and Mitchell Sanchez! 

I am a follower of  Tera's  Blog.  She's quite inspiring and an Amazing Friend.  I've never done this before but here I go... I might be all over the place so I'm sorry in advance!! :)
 
Well, as I sit here, there's so many things I want to write about.  How the Lord has changed me, Set me free, Healed me, Saved me, Delivered me and Restored my Life.  How he's wiped away my past and made me NEW!!  Wow I sit in Awe of His Goodness!!!  He truly makes my heart Burst with Joy when I think about the things He's Done!!!!! 
 
Praise the Lord Oh My Soul
all my Inmost being,
Praise His Holy name! 
Psalm 103:1
 
Brother Shannon was preaching at the end of service last night.  He was talking about how Satan tries to keep you bound in your past.   Well, I was one of those people he had bound for a long time.  Satan IS A LIAR and the father of Lies.  John 8:44.  He had me believing I wasn't good enough to be around certain people at church, then I'd feel intimidated.  But Gods Mercy and Grace is so Great.  His word says in Psalms 103:12,  "As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us!!!" 
 
Psalm 103 is my most favorite scripture to read.  I've read it over and over.  I went up to the altar at church one night for prayer.  An amazing lady was praying for me.  I didn't tell her what I needed prayer for, and she said as I was praying, "For you, The Lord gave me this scripture." and it was Psalm 103.  She quoted some of it to me, and it was the very thing I went up to get prayed for.  God knows just what we need!
 
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind.
 
I was bound up with Anxiety.  I was searching for a way to fill the emptiness I felt.  I tried to fill it with drinking and going out with girlfriends.  Of course that didn't work.  My husband passed away suddenly on Aug 9,2006.  It was a hurt like I'd ever felt.  I had an 18mth old and a 5 year old.  I remember thinking how in the world am I going to do this?  Satan was trying to destroy my life.  The thief comes only to kill, steal, and destroy,  But I have come that you may have life and Have it more abundantly - John 10:10.  Then, in Aug of '06,  I gave my heart to Jesus.   Oh how He Rescued me and Set me free!!   He came in and gave me a peace like nothing I've ever felt before, healed this broken heart, and Redeemed my life.  I found what I had been searching for, my Jesus!  
 
In him, we're made whole.  Jesus is  all we need!!  Seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all things will be given to you as well! Matthew 6:33
 
The Lord is so Faithful!   He has Blessed me with this man I'm So crazy in Love with.  Mitchell is an Awesome husband and father,  most of all He Loves the Lord!  I would have to agree with Tera, Mitchell and Bill are quite the pair!! LOL!  I had to throw that in there!   I don't know what we did to deserve him!  There's not a day goes by that I don't Thank the Lord for Him! 
 
Oh I could go on forever!  I just want to say no matter what it is we go through in this life, God is with us!!   Never will I (Jesus) leave Nor Forsake you!  Hebrews 13:5
 
For I know the plans I have for you",
   Declares the Lord , plans to prosper you and not harm you 
Plans to give you a Hope and a Future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with you all your Heart.     Jeremiah 11-13
 
  
Psalm 103
 
Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
The Lord works righteousness
    and justice for all the oppressed.
He made known his ways to Moses,
    his deeds to the people of Israel:
The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
    slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse,
    nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
    or repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
    so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
    so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father has compassion on his children,
    so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
    he remembers that we are dust.
15 The life of mortals is like grass,
    they flourish like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
    and its place remembers it no more.
17 But from everlasting to everlasting
    the Lord’s love is with those who fear him,
    and his righteousness with their children’s children
18 with those who keep his covenant
    and remember to obey his precepts.
19 The Lord has established his throne in heaven,
    and his kingdom rules over all.
20 Praise the Lord, you his angels,
    you mighty ones who do his bidding,
    who obey his word.
21 Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts,
    you his servants who do his will.
22 Praise the Lord, all his works
    everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the Lord, my soul.









 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post, just like the person that wrote it. I admire you greatly Tonya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post, just like the person that wrote it. I admire you greatly Tonya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully written.....beautifully touching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Tonya. Your testimony is a blessing to others.

    ReplyDelete