Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I am ALL He says I am!

Do you ever need to be reminded of who you are?  No, I don't mean literally like your name or who your parents are.  Those things are just a fragment of who you really are and what you are really capable of.  Your name, your past, your family tree, your career, your church-those are all just pieces of who you really are.  They don't define you if you are a Christian!

Coming from a divorced family or having gone through a divorce yourself, does not define you as broken.  If you are adopted, that does not mean you are Fatherless.  If your family has a long line of mental illness or depression, that label does not belong to you.    

I, often, need to be reminded of who God says I am.....because THAT IS WHO I AM!  I am nothing else the enemy tries to label me as.  I love the song by Cody Karnes and Kari Jobe from Gateway called All He Says I Am.  The chorus says, "I am ALL He says I am!  I am ALL He says I am!  I am ALL He says I am, and He says I am His own!"  Yes, Sweet Jesus, I am yours!  (How quickly tiny reminders from the enemy of my soul makes me lose sight of the truth.)

I have made a list of some of the things the God says I am in His Word.

-I am chosen by God. (Ephesians 1:4)
-I am new and my past is gone. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
-I am His Child (John 1:12) and His heir (Romans 8:17, Galatians 4:7).
-I am His friend. (John 15:15)
-I am not fatherless. (Psalm 68:5)
-I am whole and healed. (John 5:11)
-I am not a slave to sin. (Romans 6:6)
-I am accepted by Him. (Romans 15:7) 
-I am FREE! (Galatians 5:1)
-I am alive. (Ephesians 2:4-5)
-I am made to do good works. (Ephesians 2:10)
-I am a temple and dwelling place of the Holy Spirit! (1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19)
-I am not controlled by fear or depression. (2 Timothy 1:7)
-I am the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
-I am NEVER ALONE! (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Today, I am just going to read through this list a couple of times and just proclaim it over my life and to remind the enemy just who I am.  Because God sent His only son, Jesus, to take my place, I can be all that He says I am.  Glorious Day!


I have sincerely missed you guys the last two weeks.  I know I say it frequently, but I appreciate you spending even this tiny portion of your day with me and calling me friend.  I feel blessed beyond words to belong to a community, a family, of believers that believe they are that He says they are.  Each one of you are precious to me!  Hugs!

1 comment: