Thursday, March 6, 2014

Food with Friends:Crock Pot Potato & Sausage Dinner

 
Thursday, already!?!  I'm not sure where the time goes, but it goes quickly.  I have to share with you that last night I read my post from yesterday.  I got so cracked up at myself!  There were words missing and about 100 typos.  I think I need to hire a proofreader or editing service.  It does not help that the shift button, and several letters like a, s, d, w, and e are sticking on my keyboard.  We'll just be playing a game like Let's Find Waldo, but it will be Let's Find the Typos! ☺  (Just a note-If you find something that needs to be corrected, it will not offend me if you tell me.  I will gladly fix them! Thank you!)

This recipe is perfect for our church family since Kilpatrick Sausage is being sold to raise money for the building fund.  This is somewhat of a spin-off of my father-in-law's recipe, Sausage Supreme, except it is done in a crock pot.  Now, do yourself a favor and buy some sausage for a good cause!



 
Crock Pot Potato & Sausage Dinner

10 medium potatoes (sliced 1/4 inch thick.....just do it if you want it to get done!)
1 lb. Kilpatrick smoked sausage (I guess, really, any will do! LOL )
1 large onion, diced
2 cans Cream of Potato Soup
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Slice sausage into rings.  Toss potatoes, sausage, and diced onion into your crock pot.  In a large mixing bowl, mix soups, milk, pepper, and cheese.  Gently stir soup mixture into potatoes.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until potatoes are tender.  Stir once about 1/2 way through cooking time.  Serves 6!

 
1.  As you can tell, some of my potatoes are bigger than 1/4 inch.  I just chopped, instead of sliced, like the directions say to, and it took FOREVER for my potatoes to get done. (Longer than 8 hours) Don't make this mistake if you like eating supper on time.  Oh, I almost forgot.  You can always peel your potatoes if you prefer.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

 
 2.  This is the soup and cheese mixture.  It's yummy!

 
 3.  All together in the crock pot!

 
 4.  Only 6-8 hours to go!


My family really loved this recipe.  I really love this recipe because it is so easy that the kids can make this for dinner!  Score!

In case you don't have Bro. Shannon's Sausage Supreme recipe I mentioned earlier, I'm going to give that to you as well!  I want to give you a lot of ideas of how to use Bro. Shannon's sausage!  NOW GO GET SOME! ☺

Bro. Shannon's Sausage Supreme

1 1/2 pounds Kilpatrick smoked sausage
2 medium onions
4 medium taters
Dutch oven

Cut sausage into 3 inch lengths.  Slice onion, crossways.  Peel and cut taters into big chunks.  place a layer of onions in the bottom of your Dutch oven, then a layer of sausage on onions.  Put a layer of taters on sausage and repeat until ingredients are gone.  Add 1/2 cup of water and put on low heat with lid on Dutch oven, slightly cracked.  Cook until potatoes are tender.  You can double, triple, and quadruple this recipe for a big crowd!

 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24 NKJV
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Pastor's Sausage Supreme recipe will also be in the church cookbook. (Along with some other fabulous recipes) We will be selling them in May. Perfect for Mother's Day. All proceeds from the cookbook will also go to our church building fund!! Is it okay if I take all the recipes from your blog and put them in the cookbook?

    ReplyDelete