Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Praying Wife!


"I used to pray that God would feed the hungry, or do this or that, but now I pray that he will guide me to do whatever I'm supposed to do, what I can do. I used to pray for answers, but now I'm praying for strength. I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I know that prayer changes us and we change things." Mother Teresa



 
Prayer changes us.  I have heard several women give testimonies that they were praying for their husband's attitude or decision to change about a situation, and the wife realized she was the one who needed to change.  The Holy Spirit did an amazing work in their heart and the marriage was better for it!  It is amazing how God reveals His will to us when we are humbled in prayer.
 
 
 
Wives, there are tough decisions our husbands will face (jobs, finances, etc.), and they need our prayers a lot more than they need our advice.  This is especially hard for me because by nature I am a doer and fixer, as I assume most wives are.  My greatest joy in life is helping my husband, but sometimes, the greatest help I can give him is to withhold my opinions and advice and get on my knees and ask God to reveal His will and His plan to my husband.  (I know how hard this is, but it is possible!)
 
The task God has set before our men is not easy.  They are to love, lead, protect, and teach our families the statutes of God.  They are to provide and be good stewards of all that the Lord has given them.  They are to know God's will for our family and direct us.  What a responsibility has been placed on them!  But I believe this, God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (1 Cor. 1:9) He will lead our husbands if we will get out of the way and let Him!
 
Here are some scriptures to pray over our husbands.  These are helpful to me when I am not sure what direction to pray, and when I simply don't have the words.  I originally found this list about 6 months ago at Unveiled Wife.  This is a great website that has a lot of great resources for wives!
 
25 Verses To Pray Over Your Husband
  1. That he lives in accordance with God’s plan for his life {Ephesians 4:1-2}
  2. That he would continue to lead and that God would be glorified in our marriage {Ephesians 5:25-29}
  3. That the Lord would bless his work {Proverbs 22:29}
  4. That he would lean on Christ in his trials {Psalm 46:1}
  5. His integrity {Proverbs 11:3}
  6. His temptations {1 Corinthians 10:13}
  7. That he would have a giving heart {Proverbs 28:27}
  8. For discernment in handling finances {Luke 16:13}
  9. That he would trust in God’s plan, not his own { Jeremiah 29:11}
  10. That he would give everything to the Lord in Prayer {1 Thessalonians 5:17}
  11. That he would seek wisdom {James 1:5}
  12. That God would give him discernment {Philippians 1:9-10}
  13. That the Lord would teach him how to be a good husband & likewise me a good wife {Ephesians 5:22-33}
  14. That he would submit his fears to God {Psalm 118:6}
  15. That he would fully grasp his purpose in Christ {Romans 8:28}
  16. For his health {1 Corinthians 6:12}
  17. For strength {Psalm 28:7}
  18. That he would be surrounded by people who bring him up {Proverbs 13:20}
  19. That he would boldly declare the Truth of the Gospel {Acts 28:31}
  20. That he would grow spiritually through reading, studying and prayer {2 Peter 3:18}
  21. That he would have a humble, teachable spirit {Proverbs 15:33}
  22. That he would be full of patience and peace {Romans 14:19}
  23. That he would be quick to forgive {1 Corinthians 13 , Ephesians 4:32}
  24. His Heart {Proverbs 4:23}
  25. His Future {Psalm 119: 105}
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment