Monday, May 12, 2014

My Hope is in You!

I woke up this morning feeling like someone really needed encouragement.  The Lord did not give me a specific person to contact, so I'm going to share this here in hopes that the person who needs this will be reading today.
 
 
 
A few weeks ago, I went through a time of discouragement.  I have been praying about something very personal and dear to my heart for about a year, and I just began to have this overwhelming feeling of doubt that God was listening or would answer, let alone give me the desires of my heart. (Ps. 37:4)   
 
It came out of nowhere and hit me like a ton of bricks.  I needed encouragement, and not just a "I'm sorry you're feeling this way", but a "Where is your faith?  Pull yourself together, and trust in God!"
 
I wrote a precious friend of mine, one I consider to be a Titus 2 mentor to me, and she had some encouraging words for me.  Here is just a excerpt from her email.
 
 
There are hard places in life where we have to fight for contentment, when God answers "no"
to our heart's desire.  And while we can't always know or understand why He has withheld something that seems so *right* we can still trust in his goodness.  We can know He WILL work out His purposes and plan for our lives.  You may be in one of those places.  But God may be using your circumstances to display his glory and power in a way that you would not think about.
        Praying you will delight yourself in The Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart...and that you will find contentment in the circumstances he places you in.
 
 
Sometimes we just need to be reminded that God is in control.  It is His plans and His purposes that are at work in our lives.  He sees the "whole" picture and knows what will bring Him the most glory. 
 
How desperately I needed this reminder.  God knows every desire of my heart.  He knew me before I was formed (Jer. 1:5) and knit me together (PS. 139:13) in my mother's womb.  He fashioned my days before there were any (Ps. 139:16) and knows my thoughts. (Ps. 139:2) 
 
Our God hears our prayers (1 John 5:14).  He is faithful(1 Cor. 1:9) and all His ways are just(Deut. 32:4).  He is more compassionate than any of could ever hope to be (Ex.34:6).  He is a loving Father and longs to give us good gifts. (Matt. 7:11)
 
We just have to trust Him and know He is always at work in our lives!
 
Thank you, Wonderful Savior, for being patient with me, as I learn to "lean not on my understanding, but in all my ways acknowledge You, as You direct my path!" (Prov. 3:5-6)  Lord, my hope is in you! 
 
 
“We should ask God to increase our hope when it is small, awaken it when it is dormant, confirm it when it is wavering, strengthen it when it is weak, and raise it up when it is overthrown.” 
- John Calvin 
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment