Thursday, May 15, 2014

Food with Friends:Crock Pot Ravioli



Is it just me or do you get in a rut using the same recipes over and over until your whole family is sick of them?  I have been searching high and low for some new recipes, preferably that require little work and if I'm lucky, can just be thrown in the trusty ol' crock pot!

This recipe for ravioli is my latest find.  I'm planning on making this for my family tomorrow night!  I know you're wondering why I don't make this tonight (You're probably not, but we'll pretend).  I want you to try it first and let me know how it is! ☺ NOT REALLY!  I have a birthday party for my nephew, Konnor, who turned 5 today, so someone else gets to cook me pizza for supper! 

A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Konnor and my nephew, Isaac!  He turned 7 today!

Birthday Boy, Isaac!

Birthday boy, Konnor, and my beautiful sister, Amanda!

 


Crock Pot Ravioli

25 oz. bag frozen ravioli
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (We love Prego!)
1 cup mozzarella cheese

Dump your bag of frozen ravioli into the crockpot.  Pour your jar of sauce over the ravioli.  Stir the ravioli to evenly coat with sauce. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours. Depending on how fast your crockpot cooks, you may notice they are done closer to 2.5 hours. You could also cook on low for a longer period of time.  About 20 minutes before you are ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the ravioli with finely shredded mozzarella cheese. Pop the lid back on and let it melt- about 20 minutes.

A random picture of ravioli!  Can you tell I am hungry?

A cheerful heart is good medicine according to Proverbs 17:22.  Knowing that you take a few minutes out of your day to visit with me here, well, it makes my heart cheerful.  Every now and then, I just have to take a minute and thank you for your love and friendship.  You will never know what it means to me.  Hugs!

1 comment: