Tuesday, August 13, 2013

For a few years I have faithfully been following blogs that pertain to faith, Godly living, Worship, Titus 2 women, visionary wives, raising and discipling children, homeschooling, home birthing, and frugal living.  These are things I am passionate about! (I haven't completely wrapped my mind around all that these creative bloggers have to say about frugal living, but I am indeed a work in progress.)

I have thought for months that I would love to blog but I would talk myself out of it (If you are a mom and you don't talk to yourself, you are brilliant and definitely need to start your own blog! lol!).  I mean, who would want to read my thoughts?  I am not the most elegant or gifted writer.  I am not the most knowledgeable on any of the subjects I would choose to write about.  There is only one thing going for me and that is this: I am PASSIONATE.  As I learn more about God's plan for my life through His written Word, I find purpose in all that I do.....thus, Passionate with a purpose!

I have been raised in church but it wasn't until this last year that I felt completely sure without any doubts that scripture had sufficient instruction for EVERY area of our life.  I had this idea that if I prayed about something, whatever I felt "in my heart" must surely be a nudge from the Holy Spirit. I felt like if I couldn't find the answer in the Bible I should just do what comes naturally and follow my heart. Jeremiah 17:9 says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and DESPERATELY wicked: Who can know it?"  So I am on a new journey to search out the Word and live it out. 
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.  2 Timothy 3:16-17

Words I am trying to live by daily are found in Proverbs 12:4.
A good wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones.
 Marriage is by far the greatest thing, other than salvation, that has ever happened to me!  I will try to not get too mushy, but I am crazy in love with my husband.  Marriage is not always easy, but as I have settled in my role as help meet, I have found such contentment the world could never give me. 

When it comes to my children, my vision for how I strive to raise them is found in Deuteronomy 6:4-9.

Here, O Israel:  The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments are to be on your hearts.  Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

Trust me, I have to remind myself frequently so I am not pulled off track.  I am most excited about blogging even if only my friends and family have a glance every now and then.  This is my piece of internet to passionately and purposefully share all that God shows me!  If you have some ideas about what I should blog about, please share!    

7 comments:

  1. Please be patient as I learn this programming. I see many grammatical errors my teacher friends will catch, but haven't figured out how to edit them yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. That's ok. I just deleted my comment while trying to figure out how to post it.

      You are an inspiration! I, too, am one of "those radicals" trying to live my life and guide my family according to the word of God. It will be interesting to follow your internal conversations through your postings. Keep up the great work!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Janet, you're such an inspiration, I cant wait to read all your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost cried reading this... Thank you Lord for Tera and all the work you are doing through her. I look forward to reading more, and Lord please bless her household and family abundantly.

    ReplyDelete