Thursday, August 22, 2013

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

If you woke up one night and your neighbor's house was on fire, what would you do?  Let's hope you would run over and beat on the door to alarm them!  You wouldn't stop and think, "Oh my!  It might upset the Joneses if I wake them up at 3 a.m.!"  Why is it then, as Christians, we see people in a spiritual house that is burning down around them, and we are too afraid of offending them, that we won't alarm them of the coming danger?

"Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the House of Israel; therefore hear a word from my mouth, and give them warning from Me." Ezekiel 3:17

I feel such a warning in my Spirit for women today. I hope I can convey in a way that will help us all get victory!

If you talk to very many women it won't take you long to find that most of them deal with some form of anxiety, depression, discontentment,  and/or doubt of self value.  How many women do you know would tell you that they believe they are beautiful?  Or that they feel they have done a good job as mother and a wife?   How do many describe themselves?  Overwhelmed, burned out, emotional, lonely, fearful, or ashamed.  Ladies, I would like to tell you the truth!  We don't have to be this way.  The enemy has lied to us and we have believed him.
"When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: FOR HE IS A LIAR, and the father of it. "  John 8:44b
From the first time sin entered the world in the garden, Satan has been lying to women.  He is not really sneaky or cunning because he doesn't have to be.  If he can make you believe lies about your self or keep you depressed and knocked down, he keeps you from being effective for the Kingdom of God.  I think it is time we fight back!  Jesus fought the lies of Satan with the Word of God. (Matt. 4)  This is our tool to victory!

In my distress I cried to the Lord,
And He heard me.
Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips
And from a deceitful tongue.
What shall be given to you,
Or what shall be done to you,
You false tongue?
Sharp arrows of the warrior,With coals of the broom tree!
Psalm 120:1-4
 
 
 I believe that our warrior is Our Creator God and the sharp arrows are the Word of God!
 
 


-You are beautiful!  "For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb.  I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are your works, and that my soul knows very well. "  Psalm 139:13-14

-You are not alone!  "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Heb. 13:5

-You can have peace!  "The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace. "  Psalm 29:11

-You do not have to be afraid!  "For I, the Lord Your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you,
'Fear Not, I will help you.'  " Is. 41:13

-You do not have to let your emotions rule your life!  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13

-You are not unloved! "I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. "  Jeremiah 31:13

-You do not have to be anxious!  "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."  Psalms 55:22

-You do not have to stay brokenhearted.!"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. " Psalms 147:3

-You do not have to be confused!  "For God is not a God of confusion but of peace." 1 Cor. 14:33

-God is good!  "For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations." Psalm 100:5

-He is faithful!  "But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one. "
2 Thessalonians 3:3

-He does forgive you!  "If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. "   1 John 1:9

-You are not who you use to be!  "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold; all things have become new. "  2 Corinthians 5:17


God loves us and wants us to have an abundant life (John 10:10) with peace, joy, and love! Quit listening to Satan!  He wants to kill, steal, and destroy.  He is a liar, liar, pants on fire!

Well it's almost Friday again so I would like to try answering questions from the readers.  What do you have for me?  It can be about any topic.  Leave it in the comments or private message me on Facebook!  I hope y'all have a great day! 




  

2 comments:

  1. A good word, Tera! I admit I've bought into the lie at times. Thanks for reminding me how wonderful I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being faithful in this endeavor! Don't we all need to be reminded of God's unfailing love and faithfulnes, I know I sure do!

    ReplyDelete