Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Matthew 10:1-15

Week 5 Memory Verse
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.   
And as you go, preach, saying,
‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’  
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers,
raise the dead, cast out demons.
Freely you have received, freely give.
Matthew 10:6-8 
 
 
 
Today really started off the wrong way for me!  If you know me at all, you know I need to ease into my day with a nice cup of coffee AND AN AT LEAST AN HOUR of reading my Bible and just silence (LOL), but it wasn't to be.  At 4:45, Billy Joe woke me needing me to bring him to his carpool for work because we forgot to pick up his truck last night.  As he leaned over to tell me that, his knee was smashing straight into my hand.  I'm yelling, "You're on my hand! You're on my hand!" Which he said sounded more like, "You're on my hair!" (because I was half asleep) and he knew he wasn't, so he wasn't too worried about moving.  Mornings!
 
It should not have been a surprise to me when an hour ago as I pushed the PUBLISH button on this post that for some reason Blogger decided at that moment to go crazy and shut down.  Normally, even if it closes, it will automatically save changes, but OH NO, not this time.  My hours of studying the twelve disciples....GONE!!!!!  I mean, what's a girl to do on a days like this?! 
 
The 12 disciples have been commissioned.  WE HAVE BEEN COMMISSIONED!  I don't know about you, but it is so easy to get busy in everyday life that we forget the we are a part of something huge being played out in the earth right now.  It is our time.  We are the disciples, we are the Paul's, the Esther's, the Abraham's of OUR TIME!  PEOPLE NEED US TO BE WHO GOD CREATED US TO BE SO THEY CAN SEE CHRIST IN US!   
 
Freely we have received............we did not deserve one ounce of mercy from Jesus!  So let's go give to the world freely love, mercy, and truth that the Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand!    

No comments:

Post a Comment