Monday, April 21, 2014

$$$$$ MONEY! $$$$$

I hope you had a great weekend, and celebrated Jesus on Resurrection Sunday!   

In my own personal Bible time in the mornings, (before the girls get up) I have picked a few topics that I would like to learn about, and began copying scripture into my Scripture book under the specific category it applies to.  Some categories I have already are Being a Godly wife, Homeschooling (Discipleship), Multi-generational Faithfulness, Children, Marriage, and Knowing God's will. 

Last week, I spent my mornings researching what the Bible has to say about finances.  Yikes!  This is a touchy subject.☺  I am just learning some of these things, but I wish I would have known them way before now.  If applied, theses truths really could have made a huge impact in our earlier years of marriage.  Even now, I believe God is calling us to put our finances in better order.....His order! 

Today, I am going to share with you the Scriptures I have found. 
 



**What does the Bible say about loving money?

Ecclesiastes 5:10  He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver; Nor he who loves abundance, with increase.  This also is vanity.

Matthew 6:24  “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

1 Timothy 6:10  For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.


**What does the Bible say about tithing?

Malachi 3:10  Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it."
  
I have heard countless testimonies of God's people tithing first even when they did not know how they would pay all their bills, and God provided for their needs.  This is very important!  I have found, you can never out give God. 


**What does the Bible say about being in debt or owing money to others?

Romans 13:8  Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Proverbs 22:7  The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower is servant to the lender.

Proverbs 22:26-27  Do not be one of those who shakes hands in a pledge, One of those who is surety for debts; If you have nothing with which to pay, Why should he take away your bed from under you?

 

This is probably some of the hardest scripture to read.  In America, if you want something, you go and finance it.  Imagine if the Church applies these scriptures to our lives.  What could God do with the money we are being good stewards of?  A few years back, I read Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey. (I borrowed it from my brother-in-law, Chad Roberts.  He knows a lot about this subject and would is much wiser and more knowledgeable on financial matters than me!)  I highly recommend this book and believe it is time for me to go back and reread it. 


**Who should provide for those around us in need?  Where should the money come from?

Matthew 19:21   Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

Acts 4:34  Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold.


**Scripture about being wise and planning your finances!

Proverbs 21:5  The plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty, But those of everyone who is hasty, surely to poverty.

Proverbs 14:29b He who is impulsive exalts folly!

Proverbs 21:20 NLT  The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get.



**What is the secret to being happy with what God has provided for you?

Hebrew 13:5a  Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have!


I copied this prayer out of my journal last week.  I really believe that if the Body of Christ would take the Word of God as it is written, and apply it to our lives, the Church would grow and flourish! 

Dear Jesus,

Help me to hide Your Word in my heart, and help me to apply it to my life.  Forgive me for when I have not been content with what you have given me.  Forgive me for when I have not been a good steward of my finances.  Oh Lord, the desire of heart is to glorify you in all that I do!  Teach me, Holy Spirit, to be a good steward of the things that you provide for me.  Show me where I can help others in need.  All that I have is from you, Lord, and I want to be a blessing to You by blessing others.  Take all that I have and use it for Your Kingdom.  Direct me as I learn these truths from Your Holy Word.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment