Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wedded Wednesday:Let Them Lead


I have written about 4 posts today, deleted them, and started over.  I have a lot of thoughts swimming around in my head and am having a hard time sticking to one subject.  I have really one thing I want to blog about but I have a feeling it might step on a few toes.  I usually avoid controversial issues, but here goes.  Short and straight to the point.
 
Most of you know that Billy Joe has been praying about some decisions he needs to make.  I have had a few women ask me how I feel about it, and then tell me I need to encourage him to do what I think (or feel) he should do.  I do not agree with that.  As a matter of fact, I think that is dangerous ground to tread on. 
 
My husband is a godly man who is wise and steady as a rock.  He is the head of our house PERIOD.  I will not manipulate him or claim to be more spiritual than he is.  The directions the Lord has given me is to "Be still. Be quiet. Wait."  That is what I will do.
 
There is nothing worse to me than Christian women who claim to be godly wives that manipulate and lie to their husband to get their way.  The bad thing about it is that they do it so much, they start to believe that they are doing the right thing.  I have learned that if I truly want to be a blessing to my husband, I need to learn to shut up more. (I'm working on it!  I'd probably be a blessing to everyone if I shut up more! LOL!)   Either He is my spiritual authority, or he isn't.  I believe that he is more than capable of leading my family.  I also know that he is the one held responsible by God for the way he leads, not me.  (And I am thankful to not have that responsibility.)   
 
Proverbs 19:4 says, "Houses and riches are an inheritance from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord."  Prudent means acting with or showing care or thought to the future.  When a wife acts on emotion (or impulse) with no thought to the consequences of her actions or words....SHE IS A FOOL! 
 
I am embarrassed to admit it, but I have been the cause of most of the arguments in the 13 years we have been married.  Most of them were over some stupid thing I had done or said because of an emotion I had.  Emotions are not always to be trusted.  Men are not generally led by emotion.  I believe it is a trait that makes them able to make sound decisions. 
 
If we want to be an "Excellent Wife" as Proverbs 12:4 describes, we must learn to trust our husbands and LET THEM LEAD.             
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Every woman should read this because you only speaking the truth.....Sssoooooo please DO NOT shut up,You do as the Lord is leading you then you can't go wrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! When they lead and we follow all is in order as God has ordained it. We feel safe and protected and they feel valuable and honored.

    ReplyDelete