Tuesday, November 12, 2013

THIS IS OUR TIME!


THIS IS OUR TIME!  I keep hearing my Pastor say this.....and I BELIEVE HIM!  This is our window of opportunity!  We're alive and breathing!  We have the ability to worship and serve the Lord!

The blog entry from today are notes that I took on a sermon preached by my Pastor, Shannon Kilpatrick, June 3, 2012.  This sermon was very powerful, and I can remember it like it was yesterday.  Like I said, these are just my notes, but I still like to read over them every now and then to remind myself that this is MY TIME!  (It also reminds me how blessed I am to sit under such a Godly man!)

1 Corinthians 16

Now I will come to you when I pass through Macedonia (for I am passing through Macedonia). 

And it may be that I will remain, or even spend the winter with you, that you may send me on my journey, wherever I go.

For I do not wish to see you now on the way; but I hope to stay a while with you,
if the Lord permits.

But I will tarry in Ephesus until Pentecost. 

For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.


Paul had a window. Verse 9 says for a great and effective door has been opened!  Paul knew he was in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing!

Noah had his window.  He lived in a world where everything had gone wrong-the scriptures say their hearts have continually turned to evil.  His opportunity to came and Noah obeyed.  He built the ark, preached, yet never had a convert.

Moses door opened when he was 80 years old.  It says that he saw a fire and HE TURNED ASIDE-walking through his door!  Moses made every excuse to try to get out of it.  He had a choice to cease the opportunity, and he went.

Think about other great leaders and their windows of opportunity.  Joshua!  Esther!  David!  What about the apostles!?!  Acts 1:4-14 is the story of the door being opened for them!  (Oh to have been there!)

OUR TIME IS NOW!

Revelation 3

14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,
‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness,
the Beginning of the creation of God: 
 
15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 
 
16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,
I will vomit you out of My mouth. 

17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing
’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 
 
 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich;
and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness
may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.

 
This is the church dispensation that represents the "NOW"!  Be zealous and repent.  DON'T BE LUKEWARM!  The Laodicean church age is everywhere.  There's no respect for the Ten Commandments or Pastors.  We have an opportunity to have God's presence and anointing everywhere, but we have to be willing to sacrifice.

There are doors the Lord will open for you.  WE MUST BE IN TUNE TO WHAT HE IS DOING! 
1 Corinthians 16:9 says, For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.  I love what my Pastor always says.......The devil always overplays his hand.  Keep your eyes on the one who hold the Door open, and He will take care of the adversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment